Wells Gray Riders Association now has about 130 members, making it one of the largest clubs in the upper North Thompson.
That was one of the messages presented during the club’s year-end banquet at Blackpool Hall on Saturday evening, Nov. 5. With more than 90 people attending, the event was too big for Upper Clearwater Hall, the location of previous banquets.
The club members hold their monthly gymkhanas during the summer in the riding ring next to the Upper Clearwater Hall.
Here are the major results.
Buckle winners: peewee, Alexis Nelson; junior, Taylor Scharf; open, Noah Baker; greenhorn, Kristina Leduc; Jack Benny, Randy Steinke.
High point winners for the year were:
• Lead-line – Lucas Choney; reserve high point, Olivia Wall.
• Peewee Alexis Nelson; reserve, Payton Munson; 3, Rylan Baker; 4, Astrid Ludwig; 5, Isabella Graffunder.
• Junior – Hannah Kershaw reserve, Taylor Scharf; 3 Zandreya Richardson; 4, Paige Weninger; 5, Kelly Ludbrook.
• Open – Noah Baker; reserve, Susanne Emerson; 3, Robert Mcneilage; 4, Tarryn Munson; 5, Candus Pelton Graffunder.
• Green horse – Kristina Leduc; reserve, Sean Mcneilage; 3, Linda Ludbrook; 4, Carrie Weninger.
• Jack Benny – Maureen Mcneilage; reserve, Randy Steinke; 3, Margaret Neal.
Heart and spirit: Matthew Fothergill.
Most improved adult: Dana Foster.
Most improved youth: Kelly Ludbrook and Zandreya Richardson.
Most sportsmanlike: Paige Weninger.
Below: The top five junior riders with Wells Gray Riders Association during the past season were (l-r) Kelly Ludbrook, Hannah Kershaw, Taylor Scharf, Zandreya Richardson, and Paige Weninger.