Editor, The Times:
Here is my wish list for Canada in 2015:
• More class and less crassness on the world stage by our representatives.
• More of an evenhanded rather than mean spirited approach to our friends and our foes, the definition of these terms depends on your point of view.
• More open government and less closed-mindedness on the part of our leadership.
• More respect and less rejection of ideas that are counter to corporate thinking.
• Less corporate control and more cooperative soul.
• More jobs that reflect a thoughtful and balanced approach to development.
• More movement away from the hewers of wood and drawers of water philosophy of development and more secondary manufacturing.
• A greater effort toward negotiation rather than confrontation, an emphasis on words rather than weapons.
Happy New Year to you all and may even one on my wish list become a reality this year.