Editor, The Times:

Voters fed up with BC’s political parties open the door for a new party to enter BC politics

Editor, The Times:

I’d like to take this opportunity to wish one and all a belated Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.

British Columbians received an early Christmas present this year: 61 per cent of voters were in favour of “First Past the Post.”

It’s good to know there is a little bit of sanity left in this province. I’m sure that Horgan and Weaver are very disappointed that their sneaky back-door scheme didn’t work. In a little more than two years, this present so-called government has done more damage to the unity of Canada than what’s been done in the past 50 years, and the stupidity has to stop!

The saddest part of this whole political blunder is that only 43 per cent of the eligible voters even bothered to cast a ballot. The remaining 57 per cent of the eligible voters are obviously totally fed up with BC’s political parties, and that opens the door for a new party to enter BC politics.

For interest, let’s call this new party the “BC Alliance Party.” I want to make it very clear I have absolutely no interest in getting into politics, but I think that a new party with a strong platform would certainly form a majority government.

The platform of the new party would include many changes that could be implemented as soon as it is in power. Some changes would be as follows:

-Privatize ICBC. David Eby’s catch phrase is, “ICBC is a dumpster fire and all the Liberals did was hide it behind the building.” Well, Mr. Eby, let’s remember who built the dumpster. ICBC has been a cash cow for all political parties at the expense of the taxpayers. BC has the highest vehicle insurance rates in Canada. That has to stop.

-Make it a priority to get the pipeline expansion up and running. Getting the product to market is in the best interest of all Canadians.

-Not-for-profit lobby groups will no longer be eligible for government grants, and donations will no longer receive tax deductions. The right to peaceful protest is fine, but don’t expect the taxpayer to pay for it.

-Revamp the health care system. Increase tax dollars for front-line workers and substantially reduce funding for administration.

-Instate Uber. This is not rocket science; this is about safety, not votes.

-Scrap the carbon tax on vehicle fuel and scrap all taxes on home heating fuel. Quit comparing California’s carbon tax with BC’s. If you want to see the real meaning of climate change, just drive from southern California to northern BC.

-Last, but not least, start mending some of the damage to relations between BC, Alberta, and all the other provinces.

John F. Kennedy once said, “Don’t ask what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country.” Go, BC Alliance Party!

Jim Lamberton,

The Rambling Man

Clearwater, BC

Get local stories you won't find anywhere else right to your inbox.
Sign up here

Just Posted

COVID-19 highlights lack of connectivity in First Nations communities

Many don’t have access required to utilize online platforms, says First Nations Technology Council

BC SPCA team helps discover new feline virus after outbreak at Quesnel shelter

Fechavirus is a kind of parvovirus, which makes cats and kittens very sick

Restaurants adjust to loosened restrictions

Gateway Grill in Clearwater is one of the establishments that’s reopened its doors to in-house guests

Going above and beyond the call of duty

“She does it out of the goodness of her heart … she loves seeing the results.”

Mission prison COVID-19 outbreak ends, 9 new cases in B.C.

New positive test at Port Coquitlam care home

Man who bound, murdered Vancouver Island teen still a risk to public: parole board

Kimberly Proctor’s killer is still ‘mismanaging emotions,’ has had ‘temper tantrums’

VIDEO: Humpback whales put on quite a show

The ‘playful’ pod lingered by a Campbell River tour operator’s boat for quite some time

Getting hitched at historic B.C. gold rush town still on table during COVID-19 pandemic

Micro-weddings, online visits, offered at Barkerville Historic Town and Park

Revelstoke woman finds welcoming letter on her Alberta-registered truck

There have been multiple reports online of vandalism to vehicles with Alberta licence plates

Spirit bear possibly spotted in West Kootenay

A local resident spotted the white-coloured bear while on an evening trail run near Castlegar on May 27

B.C. businesses ‘can’t shoulder burden’ of COVID-19 sick pay

Trudeau’s plan should be tied to federal emergency aid

B.C. teacher reprimanded for sharing homophobic and sexist memes, making racist comments

Klaus Hardy Breslauer was accused of making a laundry list of concerning decisions as a science teacher

COVID-19: B.C. too dependent on foreign food production workers

New B.C. job site links unemployed with farm, seafood work

Most Read