Editor, The Times:
Hello North Thompson Valley. Have you ever wondered what the North Thompson Aboriginal Cultural Centre is all about?
Well now is your chance to find out. You are cordially invited to our fund raising dinner to support the expansion of services and presence of the North Thompson Aboriginal Cultural Centre in Clearwater serving NT Valley.
Come support this fundraiser dinner help us reach our goal, enjoy an awesome meal, loonie auction, door prizes, guest speakers, gift items for sale, membership available, and so much more. Everyone welcome.
The North Thompson Aboriginal Cultural Centre is the only off-reserve centre for Aboriginal peoples in the North Thompson Valley and has been serving the community since 2009, becoming a registered nonprofit society in March of 2013. The centre receives no core funding and is run entirely by donations and volunteer staff five days a week. Here are the services our Centre provides:
• Serves as a drop-in center for local community members and visitors
• Hosts an area for a museum with the history of Aboriginal and Metis people
• Provides a gift shop featuring many local artists
• Teaches Aboriginal culture to all ages through storytelling and making traditional crafts
• Volunteers at other community events from Barriere to Blue River
• Works closely with Aboriginal Engagement Success By 6
DATE: Friday, Oct. 3
PLACE: Blackpool Hall, W Old North Thompson Highway, Clearwater, B.C.
TIME: Meet and Greet at 5 p.m., Dinner served at 6 p.m., Presentations at 7:30 p.m.
COST: $25 per person
Dinner catered by K&A Gateway Grill
Our goal is to continue serving the community and the funds received will support this goal.
To purchase tickets or ask questions, please contact the Aboriginal Centre at 250-674-3703, Sam Saul 250-571-2509, Cheryl Thomas 250 674-3260, Cindy Wilgosh 250-674-2939 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you, your family and friends at our fundraising dinner. Thank You for your support.