September 26, 1947 – October 3, 2019
On October 3rd, 2019, at the age of 72, Ted Richardson went into the presence of his Savior, Jesus, surrounded by the gentle love of his family.
Ted was born on September 26th, 1947 in Prince George, B.C.
Ted was predeceased by his mother, Peggy Richardson, Father, Bart Richardson, and his first partner, Hilda Bell.
Ted is survived by his loving wife, June Moilliet. Brother, Doug Richardson (Alison), Kamloops, B.C. & Sister, Anne Jones (Jim) of Clearwater.
Nieces and Nephews: Lorien Lebsack (Blair), Bellevue, Alberta, Terah Rhone (Andrew), Kamloops, B.C., Kalen Jones, (Amanda), Clearwater, B.C., Avonleigh Cox (Andrew), Auckland, New Zealand, Krysalynne Jones (Jean-Yves), Clearwater, B.C., Danian Jones (Peyton), Squamish, B.C., Keiran Jones, Clearwater, B.C., & Kaydn Jones, Clearwater, B.C.
Great Nieces and Nephews: Jaiden, Nolan, Cale, Benjamin, Ava, Chyan, Kayley, Lucas, and Cassandra.
Ted was much loved by his family, as well as his Community Family.
Ted trained at UBC and BCIT in the late 60s for a career in the Fish & Wildlife Branch. He worked numerous summers fighting fire for the BC Forest Service. In the late 70s Ted birthed his own company, Aprotek (appropriate technology) Design. He contracted to the government of B.C. for many years as a Land Use Management Consultant. He researched for, and published handbooks on wildlife habitat around B.C., and advised on appropriate land use in order to protect those habitats.
Ted Richardson, since he arrived in the North Thompson valley in 2002, has shared his knowledge, interest, expertise, planning, passion and unwavering commitment to the following groups.
– Tenures Team (formed after the Weyerhaeuser mill closed) founded the Wells Gray Community Forest Corporation
– Wells Gray Community Forest Corporation, Wells Gray Community Forest Society – Ted was instrumental in the establishment of both
– Wells Gray Community Forest Commission (District of Clearwater)
– North Thompson Communities Foundation
– Clearwater and District Chamber of Commerce
– North Thompson Security Food Plan
– North Thompson Watershed Committee
– Community Resource Centre
– Clearwater and District Woodlot Society
– Wells Gray Country Tourism Association
– Wells Gray Country (TNRD Area A Committee member)
– Blue River Tourism Association
– Avola Cooperative and Recreation Association
– 2005 North Thompson Economic Development Strategy Committee
Among many of his significant accomplishments Ted was nominated and held the Clearwater and District Chamber of Commerce – Citizen of the Year award.
If any groups have been missed, you will know who you are, and we are sorry that your group was not included. Knowing Ted in his humbleness, he did not always share publically and privately who all he helped along in their journeys.
He was a humble, encouraging, gentle, hard working man who always had a listening ear. He was constantly creating and designing in all areas of his life, enjoying all the little aspects of the world around him. His daily goal was to learn new things and contribute positively into the lives of others.
Ted will always be remembered for the kindness he poured out to everyone.
A Celebration of Life was held October 7th at 2 pm at Star Lake Ministry Centre, 1010 School Rd, Clearwater. Reception to follow. Everyone welcome.
In lieu of flowers we respectively request donations to your choice of the North Thompson Community Foundation, Clearwater Hospice Society, or the Hospital Auxiliary.
- Submit News Tip
- Trending Now
- Photo Galleries
- Contact Us
- Site Map