Kamloops This Week
Several schools in the Kamloops-Thompson school district 73 will have new principals and vice-principals when classes resume in September.
Trustees have approved a number of appointments June 28, which are largely the result of retirements and ensuing transfers.
The following appointments will take effect on Aug. 1:
• Mike Bowden will take on the role of district principal of aboriginal education. He replaces Cheryl Sebastian, who retired this year. Bowden is now principal at Juniper Ridge elementary.
• Carole Defehr will become principal at Juniper Ridge elementary. She is now principal at Westmount elementary.
• Susie Mabee, who is now a vice-principal at A.E. Perry elementary, will become principal at Westmount elementary.
• Paul Hembling, now principal at Bert Edwards Science and Technology School, will become principal at Barriere secondary for a one-year placement.
• Frank Law will become principal at Bert Edwards. He is now principal at Savona elementary.
• Krista Halland, a vice-principal at Parkcrest elementary, will become principal at Savona elementary.
• Berni Linfitt, principal at Parkcrest elementary, will become principal at David Thompson elementary to replace Sharon Cooley, who is retiring.
• Catherine Gorman will become principal at Parkcrest elementary. She is now principal at Rayleigh elementary.
• Shaun McKenna, who is principal at Raft River elementary, will move to the principal’s office at Rayleigh elementary.
• Lori Bradstock has been named principal for elementary schools in Raft River, Vavenby and Blue River.
• Michael Johnson has been appointed principal of Sun Peaks and Heffley Creek elementary schools.
• In addition, the board of education approved several vice-principal appointments.