Clearwater Volunteer Fire Department was called out early Sunday morning to a chimney fire at a residence on Cameron Road.
According to a department spokesperson, the firefighters received the call at 4:43 a.m. after the home’s occupants were alerted to the fire by a TV falling off the wall where the fire was.
Eight Clearwater members plus five from Blackpool (under a mutual aid agreement) attended.
Upon arrival, they found that the interior wall at the firebox showed signs of smoke and charring.
The firefighters opened the interior wall as well as an exterior wall into the attic to see if the fire had spread.
Most of the fire was contained to the chimney as well as some extension to areas immediately around the chimney.
Firefighters were on the scene until about 10 a.m. and planned to return later to check on the situation.
The residence had no smoke alarms. Clearwater firefighters remind everyone that they should have working smoke alarms in their homes.