Editor, The Times:
I have lived in Clearwater most of my life and raised two children here.
I have worked for several public sectors in Clearwater over the years including Community Resource Centre, Yellowhead Community Services, and the municipal office and have a good understanding of how local government works.
Currently I work with the Wells Gray Country Seniors Society as their Seniors Coordinator organizing events and activities for seniors. I also volunteer as a Director and Secretary of the North Thompson Communities Foundation.
As a long time resident of Clearwater I would like to be part of Clearwater’s continuing growth, working towards affordable housing, economic and recreational development and ensuring that seniors needs are part of council’s decision making process. Finding a balance between economic, community, environmental and cultural issues is a priority to me.
If elected I look forward to working together as a team with the new council towards a better robust future for Clearwater by:
- Being fiscally responsible
- Continue working on the community infrastructure
- Work collaboratively with businesses and organizations in the community,
- Encourage entrepreneurs and be open to “out of the box” opportunities
- Seek out ways to revitalize the Brookfield Plaza complex,
- Ensure that Dutch Lake remains the community “jewel”,
- Ensure that TRU representative remains in the community
- Continue to support seniors as vibrant, active members of the community and ensure they are included in all council decision making.