Dr. John Soles invites local residents to join him for a Walk With Your Doc event on Thursday, May 9.
Participants will meet at the Clearwater Secondary School parking lot at 6 p.m.A BC Medical Association initiative, Walk with your Doc is an annual event celebrating the World Health Organization’s Move for Health Day.
Doctors all across the province are hosting walks for their patients the week of May 6 – 12.
Why walk with your Doc?
• Opportunity to get a fresh start on your healthy lifestyle
• In addition to helping you lose weight, walking improves energy levels, quality of sleep, and lowers stress and blood pressure
• Receive a free pedometer to count your steps
• All ages and abilities are welcome.
Moderate physical activity such as walking helps reduce risk factors for heart disease.It has numerous other benefits, including
:• Making you feel less tired
• Decreasing stress
• Aiding in weight loss and weight control
• Improving circulation• Lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels.
Walking is also a great way to make new friends and have fun.