Nominations for the next Board of Education trustees of School District 73 begins Aug. 30 at 9 a.m. and runs to Sept. 9 at 4 p.m. Each nominee will require two qualified nominators from the electoral area where they are running.
The next general election will be held on Oct. 15, 2022.
Nomination packages as well as election details and campaign expense limits are available at www.sd73.bc.ca. Packages are also available for pick up in person at the school board office in Kamloops (1383 9th Avenue) or at:
– Area 1: Kamloops City Hall
– Area 2: District of Clearwater, Vavenby general store and Blue River post office
– Area 3: District of Barriere, Little Fort general store and Simpcw First Nation
– Area 4: Village of Chase, Sun Peaks Resort Municipality, Neskonlith Indian Band, Tk’emlups te Secwepemc and Whispering Pines/Clinton Indian Band
– Area 5: District of Logan Lake and Skeetchestn Indian Band
School board trustees are elected for a four-year term. SD73 has nine trustees in total. Five trustees represent trustee electoral area 1 in the City of Kamloops. The remaining four trustees are elected, one each, in following areas of the Thompson Nicola Regional District:
– Trustee electoral area 2: North Thompson, including areas “A” Wells Gray Country and “B” Thompson Headwaters, including the District of Clearwater
– Trustee electoral area 3: Barriere/Little Fort, including area “O” Lower North Thompson, including the District of Barriere
– Trustee electoral area 4: Chase, including areas “L” and “P” Rivers and the Peaks, including Sun Rivers, the Village of Chase and the Mountain Resort Municipality of Sun Peaks, the Little Shuswap Band; and
– Trustee electoral area 5: Logan Lake, including area “J” Copper Desert Country, including the District of Logan Lake.
For further information on the election process, please contact: David Poulin, Chief Election Officer Phone (Cell): 250-320-3374.