Nomination papers for the 2022 general local elections must be submitted by Friday, Sept. 9 at 4 p.m.
Candidates running for the Thompson-Nicola Regional District area directors, School District 73 trustees or District of Clearwater mayor and council must submit their nomination papers to the Chief Election Officer or designation person by the noted deadline.
Nominees require two qualified nominators from the electoral area where the nominee is running.
Though nomination packages can be delivered by mail, fax or email, it is preferred the nominee submits the package by hand so elections staff can review the forms with the applicant and ensure they are filled out correctly.
Nomination packages can be picked up from various locations throughout the region:
- TNRD Civic Building, fourth floor at 465 Victoria Street in Kamloops
- School District 73 Board Office at 1383 9th Avenue in Kamloops
- District of Clearwater at 209 Dutch Lake Road in Clearwater
- Vavenby General Store at 203 Vavenby Bridge Road in Vavenby
- Blue River Post Office at 5932 Main Street in Blue River
- District of Barriere at 5936 Barriere Town Road in Barriere
- Little Fort General Store on Highway 5 in Little Fort
- Simpcw First Nation at 7555 Dunn Lake Road in Barriere
The 2022 General Local Elections take place on Saturday, Oct. 15. All eligible residents are encouraged to seek candidacy or to vote in their electoral area.