The TNRD Library System is celebrating its 40th anniversary by asking residents across the Thompson Nicola Regional District to “Check It Out!” and have their say on the future of library services, programs and facilities.
To better gauge how to meet the changing needs of regional district residents, this thorough and forward-looking strategic planning process offers a series of interactive events as well as a public survey focused on four themes: Collections; Programs and Partnerships; Space and Service Delivery; and Community and the Social Role of Libraries.
The interactive events will be open to the public and will take place at all 13 library branches across the TNRD.
They will feature refreshments, light snacks as well as random draws for prizes big and small, including an Apple iPad Mini.
The public survey will be hosted on the library system’s website (www.tnrdlib.ca) from Monday, June 23, to Wednesday, July 30, to make sure everyone can participate.
The first round of interactive events will take place as follows:
• Wednesday, July 2, 5 to 7 p.m., at the Ashcroft Library
• Thursday, July 3, 5 to 7 p.m., at the Blue River Library
• Tuesday, July 8, 4 to 8 p.m., at the Merritt Library
• Wednesday, July 9, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., at the Kamloops Library (Farmers Market)
• Wednesday, July 9, 6 to 9 p.m., at the North Kamloops Library Reading Garden
• Thursday, July 10, 5 to 7 p.m., at the Lytton Library
There will be more dates, places and times released at a future date.