VICTORIA – More than $2.3 million is being invested this year in the Wood First program to broaden the use of B.C. wood products in commercial, government and mid-rise buildings.
The strategy allocates Wood First funding to the following objectives:
• Grow the culture of living and building with wood in B.C. and beyond.
• Maximize the appropriate use of wood in public and private projects.
• Strengthen B.C.’s capacity to produce high-quality wood-based products and building systems.
• Accelerate adoption of existing and emerging wood-based products and building systems.
• Position B.C. as a world leader in sustainable and innovative wood-based products and building systems in design, production, and application.
Funding priorities reflect the recommendations of an expert panel of architects, engineers, code specialists, builders and industry representatives.
– Ministry of Jobs, Tourism and Innovation