The Vavenby Primary students went on a field trip to Dr. Helmcken Memorial Hospital on Tuesday, Oct. 16. They were all very excited about going. X-ray technician Pearl Broswick took the group around.
The rooms they visited were for X-rays, blood testing, and physiotherapy. The children also went to the nurses’ station and then the social areas for the extended care patients. The patients were very happy to see these young students.
The group talked to the cook and saw the laundry room. They learned that the laundry gets sent to Kamloops. Then they walked to the offices of the public health nurses and received stickers.
Some of the students would now like to be nurses and doctors. While at the hospital the Code Blue alarm went off! However, people quickly told everyone that it had been set off accidentally.
No more boil water notice
The boil water notice imposed by the Thompson-Nicola Regional District on Oct. 22 due to an absence of chlorine in the Vavenby system has been rescinded. A new chlorine pump has been put in.